NHS Stop Smoking Advisor training
The Essex Wellbeing Service can train your employees to deliver free workplace Stop Smoking Support. What are the benefits?
- Improved health
- reduced sickness absence
- increased productivity
Allowing your employees to access in-house Stop Smoking Support will mean:
- higher uptake – it’s easier to access the support during a coffee break or lunchtime
- you’re 4 times more like to quit if you access NHS Stop Smoking Cessation support
In order for your employee to deliver smoking clinics, we ask that they complete the NCSCT Practitioner training module available here and the Level 2 Smoking Cessation training delivered by EWS via Teams. EWS will pay £50 for each 28-day quitter.
EWS Level 2 Stop Smoking training
Learning outcomes of training course founded upon evidence-based behaviour change techniques:
- Effectively deliver safe, evidence-based stop-smoking treatment sessions using behaviour change techniques.
- Advice on and prescribe nicotine replacement therapy and Champix if you are (PGD) prescriber.
- Record and report on quit outcomes.
- Support people in maintaining the quit status.
- Smoking and young people.
- Smoking in pregnancy.
- Evidence on the safety of E-cigarettes/vapes.
Training is currently provided via Microsoft Teams. Attendees will need access to a computer with audio and a microphone.
To book a place please email: Provide.Training.EssexLifestyles@nhs.net supplying the following:-
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Place of work
- Preferred training date