Health and Safety Executive (HSE) reported 1.7 million workers suffered from work-related ill-health (new or long-standing) in 2020/21.
Productivity, retention, recruitment efforts, labour turnover and absenteeism are all crucial elements of a business that can be impacted if your workforce does not have effective health and wellbeing support.
Knowing where to start and how to do it is the most difficult part of all, here are a few things to consider:
- What are you currently doing to support your workforce?
- Have you gained any feedback about this support?
- What are your key challenges?
- What could you be doing better?
- What steps are you taking to make your health and wellbeing support better? (reading this article is an excellent start!)
Once you’ve gained these answers, you should have identified some gaps. And that’s where we come in.
What is Essex Working Well?
Working Well provides Essex businesses (excluding Southend-On-Sea and Thurrock) with free workplace health and wellbeing support – delivered via four options.
These options include Mental Health Aware Programme; Small Business HR Support; Working Well Accreditation; and MHFA England training for individuals.
Each programme includes certain benefits such as workplace health and wellbeing sessions, HR advice, a monthly newsletter, bespoke manager training, and more.
How can your organisation take advantage?
Physical and mental stability reduces mortality and increases happiness and a sense of worth.
When we take into consideration just how much time is spent at work, there’s a huge responsibility on workplaces to provide adequate support. And we can help you to shape exactly what that support looks like. But that’s not all…
Firstly, our programme/support/accreditations are free, so there’s no negative financial impact. You’ll also have the confidence that your organisation is taking action to improve and sustain the health and wellbeing of your workforce.
But most importantly, with our wide range of support, your organisation is sure to find something that suits your workforce and further benefit from:
- Clear recognition of your organisation’s commitment to health and wellbeing.
- An opportunity to embed and increase mental health awareness in your organisation.
- Staff attraction and retention.
- Increased productivity and reduced absenteeism.
What happens next?
Find out which of our four options are best suited to your organisation and sign-up!