Working Well and Active Essex Partnership
Working Well work in partnership with Active Essex. As part of their Find Your Active campaign, they have a Workplace Edition. They want to invite Essex businesses to join in and pledge to make a difference to the activity levels whilst at work and to help colleagues to get moving more. This would also count towards your Working Well Accreditation as well!
December Key messages:
As we draw a close on 2023, the focus for December is all things celebrations!
• The end of the year is also an opportunity to reflect on 2023, not only on our own journeys or achievements but focusing on those that have helped us by thanking them.
• The Essex Activity Awards 2023 will be taking place in December which highlights some of the clubs, groups and individuals from across the county that encompass what it means to find your active.
- #MoveWithUs this festive period and get the whole family involved! Why not have a family fun days full of festive games and activities that get you moving. Share your active fun with @ActiveEssex and tag us in your pictures!
• We want to give a massive thank you to [Insert name here] for their amazing work this year in getting people active and being a true inspiration! Give thanks with @ActiveEssex and find out more here: https://bit.ly/Find_Your_Active
• Be #AbleLikeMabel with some gentle exercises to build strength and resilience this winter! Make sure to look after your mind and body during these cold months and reach out if you feel lonely or isolated. #FindYourActive with @ActiveEssex: https://bit.ly/Find_Your_Active
• Look back on 2023 with us and celebrate all the achievements whether big or small! Finding your active is a journey and reflecting on the progress made this year should be a chance to feel proud. #FindYourActive with @ActiveEssex: https://bit.ly/Find_Your_Active
• How will you keep moving in 2024? Take time to reflect on what you enjoyed this year about finding your active and start to set new goals to conquer
December Wellbeing Wreath 2023
Following the success of last years 12 Days of Christmas Wellbeing Wreath, it has been updated for 2023. Don’t forget Essex Working Well has a wide range of self care support this winter as well.
Essex Food Education Community Partner Application 2023
We have an exciting opportunity to share with you. We been fortunate to have been awarded some funding from the Household Support Fund to support a food education program to families and young people. Just like previous years we are offering this funding to our ActivAte providers and locally trusted organisations and community groups as we know you are working directly with the target audience
We are inviting you to complete the application to deliver a 6-8 week program to families and individuals, educating them around cooking on a budget, energy saving ways of cooking as well as healthy eating. The program will include providing ingredients as well as necessary equipment for the participants and can include an activity session for the children running alongside the cooking sessions to keep the children entertained.
Please follow this link to complete an application https://forms.monday.com/forms/8689f6ab84c4e9e603be2525eba55df7?r=euc1
Morning and Lunchtime 15 minute online Workouts
Workplace Zoom Sessions:
Monday’s 9:00 – 9.15am: Lindsey – Move and Stretch Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 857 0196 5702
Tuesday’s 12:00 – 12:15 with Chloe Townsend – Lunchtime Energiser Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 830 4829 4750
Wednesday’s 08.45 – 09:00am with Chloe Townsend – Cardio Blast Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 837 396
Thursday’s 09:00 – 09:15 am with Chloe Townsend – Total Tone Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 854 5969 0931
Friday’s 08.45 – 09:00 am with Lindsey Abbott – Move and Stretch Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 837 7303 0512
Workplace Pledge and Active Travel Toolkit
You can download social medial pledge cards, which can be used in emails, to help show what you and your workplace/team will pledge to do. You can also access the Newsletter and other useful resources For more details about the Pledge and to download your Active Travel Toolkit and Workplace guide
Find Your Active is focused on helping people find time to move, get more active and enjoy the benefits. This month it about bringing to focus the importance of workplaces encouraging physical activity.
Working in a busy office can often result in long hours spent at a desk but workplaces and their employees should adopt a new way of working in which physical activity opportunities are injected into every day. This could include creating a 50 minute meeting with a 10 minute stretch to finish which encourages a group movement stretch to relieve aching muscles and energise. Small changes such as this could initiate long-term benefits for both the employees and the workplace.
Not only are there physical benefits to promoting an active workplace but mental benefits also. Activities such as stretching, or yoga can increase serotonin levels and subsequently reduce stress and stabilise one’s mood. In a stressful working environment this could be vital.
Outside of the office, travelling to work is another opportunity to get active! If you can, why not try walking, scooting or cycling into the office to increase your activity levels whilst also doing your bit to reduce the greenhouse emissions and help improve air quality.
Introducing these small changes into your life could help in the long term and increase your energy levels day to day which will reflect in your working life.
To find out more, visit the webpage below, or get in touch to see how we can support.