- 66% of adults in England are reporting having either clinical or sub-clinical mental health problems. (OHID)
- 17 million working days were lost to stress anxiety and depression in 2019/2020 (over half the total 32.5 million
- Mental ill-health is the largest single cause of disability in the UK, and accounts for 21% of the burden on disease in England
- Mental ill-health is associated with lower life expectancy, with some conditions associated with reductions in life expectancy of 10-20 years
- Modelling suggests that, in England, up to 10 million people will need either new or additional mental health support as a direct consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Better Health – Every Mind Matters is an NHS-endorsed digital resource and campaign to empower people to take action to protect and improve their mental wellbeing, to help prevent common mental health concerns escalating into mental health disorders that require NHS intervention.
They have some fantastic resources: https://www.nhs.uk/every-mind-matters/
- Website resources – anxiety, stress, low mood, poor sleep and a Wellbeing Hub.
- Mind Plan – Take the quick Mind Quiz – 5 questions and receive a personalised mental health action plan with practical tips
- Email programmes – 3 email programmes provide ongoing support to help with positive behaviour change
… coming soon …Put Sleep first. Just sign up and receive 4 weeks of free, NHS-assured content with hints, tips and videos.
Just over 55% of those who complete the anxiety email programme report a decrease in their reported anxiety levels
2 out 3 of those who complete the Mind Plan email programme report better mental health and wellbeing than when they started
Provide World Mental Health Day Tea and Talk event
Congratulations to Maddie, who organised a Tea and Talk event for colleagues – please share how your organisation promoted World Mental Health Day!
Digiflex – World Mental Health Day promotion
Jenny and the team wanted to raise awareness of World Mental Health Day on the 10th October. Here’s what they did:
- Emails signposting to Every Mind Matters, and employee Benefits and Wellbeing platform
- Each staff member received a Wellbeing Gift Pack that included: sweet treats, motivational note cards, note book and stress/fidget toys
Feedback from employees:
“Thank you for the special package I’ve arrived to on my desk today. It put a smile on my face and I needed one of those this morning!”
“I have my Tisserand on now – its gorgeous! My little cards are pinned to my computer.”
“Thank you for my gift ”
NEW What’s in your Stress Container eLearning module
Our updated What’s in your stress container eLearning module, it only takes 20 minutes to complete, and will help you to assess and manage daily life events.
Free MHFA England resources
Workplaces are key to creating a society where everyone’s mental health matters. We believe wellbeing and productivity fuel one another. Our people and teams are at their most effective and creative when everybody feels psychologically safe and is seen, heard, and valued.
What’s more investing in mental health can help drive organisational success. For every £1 spent by employers on mental health interventions, employers could get back £5.30 in reduced absence, presenteeism, and staff turnover.
As part of our My Whole Self campaign for workplace culture change, we have developed a range of resources for you to use at work and beyond. Download your MOT resources here
This World Mental Health Day why not download our free poster to help raise awareness of why workplace wellbeing matters. You can share the resource digitally or put it up in your workplace.
On the day itself we encourage you to take a moment to check in on your own and other’s mental health and wellbeing using our My Whole Self MOT.
Regular wellbeing catch-ups with colleagues are a vital way to support one another, which is why we developed the free My Whole Self MOT. By following the steps in the MOT, you will have the tools to confidently start a conversation about mental health. And, whilst we encourage you to check on others, don’t forget to take a moment for yourself too.
The MOT, plus our Talking Tip, Manger’s Guide and much more are all free to download from our My Whole Self resource page.
Save the date: My Whole Self Day 2024
Join us in celebrating My Whole Self Day on Tuesday 12 March 2024. Now in its fifth year, it calls on organisations to empower employees to bring their whole self to work and support their own and other’s wellbeing.
By bringing together diversity and inclusion with health and wellbeing, we can drive positive transformation in workplace mental health and performance.